Instagram is an online mobile application that is used for sharing photos and videos. Instagram is following in the footsteps of Facebook and Twitter and has quickly become a highly popular social networking tool. Instagram was initially developed so that individuals could apply various filters to photographs they had taken on their mobile phones and might enable them to upload and share these photographs with friends or accounts followers utilizing the Instagram program. More recently video premiered to Instagram it could now be uploaded, but Instagram video clips are limited to between 3 to 15 minutes long.
- There are over 300 million Instagram users globally.
- Approximately 70 million photographs are uploaded daily.
- The account is ‘free’ to install so that there are low barriers to entry.
- It Isa medium which allows for effortless sharing of articles 24 hours a day.
- What kind of success have companies achieved using Instagram?
- Businesses like Levis, L’Oreal and countless others are able to use the instrument to:
- To raise awareness of their services and products.
- To increase brand recognition.
- To showcase their community and pro bono work to inspire and attract prospective clients to participate with their product, brand or service.
- Run successful promotions, giveaways and competitions.
Small Business marketing success with Instagram
Instagram Seems to be particularly popular with merchandise based Businesses because of its visual nature. Many businesses which are product based like clothes, jewellery, make up or even food based company have achieved success using Instagram. This is because the application allows for photos to be shared and posted of individuals either wearing or using these products. As an example, a food manufacturer might post photos of someone cooking with, sharing a meal, or entertaining friends with their food products.
This success is not exclusive to large brands as many little companies have been able to leverage the power of Instagram to engage their customers and analyze how to see private instagram. As an example, Melbourne established café The Kettle Black had over 45,800 followers in March 2016 they have achieved this through the use of attractive photographs of the food and pictures of cafe meals that Instagram users could be drawn to, in addition to using hash tags which foodies, food bloggers and other Instagram users are interested in or search for. Some hash tags are very popular so it is important to identify those that are relevant to your business. The goal of the game is really to get people talking, enjoying, sharing and following your content. Hash tags help to get the word out if utilized efficiently so take a while to discover how to use these to get the most from your content.